We hope you will enjoy your RYA course.
Please read this carefully; by making a booking you are agreeing to these terms.
1. Before booking, please satisfy yourself as to your suitability for the course you are booking. If you are in any doubt please contact First Sail Training.
2. Please note that online Day Skipper and Coastal Skipper & Yachtmaster Offshore Courses are delivered by Navathome and the contract for these courses is between Navathome.com and the student. Navathome Terms & Conditions can be found here.
3. First Sail Training or Navathome.com (the “Training Centre”) deliver courses to the standard required by the RYA.
4. Bookings will only be confirmed once the application form (where requested) and deposit or full payment has been received.
5. Bookings are only deemed to have been made once they have been confirmed by the Training Centre.
8. Online Course Fees (“Online Fees”) are payable in full in advance.
7. Online Fees (ex CEVNI, or where otherwise agreed) include a course pack which includes practice charts, course handbook, exercises, electronic chart plotter software (to be downloaded), a certificate on successful completion and for Essential Navigation Courses only, plotter and dividers.
8. Fees quoted include postage of Course Packs and, if applicable, certificates and other items within the UK. Where course packs are to be sent outwith the UK we will normally be able to accommodate this within our quoted fees but reserve the right to charge an additional postage supplement depending on the destination address and postage service available. When a postage supplement is required, the student will have the option to cancel the booking and will receive a refund of the initial fee paid.
9. Students booking Online Courses must ensure that they have the equipment required to complete the course online. Essential Navigation & Seamanship Logins are valid for twelve months and there is no fee for extending. Navathome Courses have an extendable access period of six months. If access lapses, it can be extended anytime within a period of three years from the date of lapse, if it is not so extended it may be terminated and the login removed. An administration fee of £30 may be charged each time the course is extended. Once a student has passed the assessment their course is complete and course access will cease.
10. For non-
11. If a non-
12. In the event of a cancellation by the Training Centre a full refund (including any deposit paid) will be given unless otherwise agreed.
13. No interest will be payable on any amounts refunded.
14. Prices in our brochure and website are inclusive of VAT where applicable. Prices may change from time to time, the price payable is that advertised at the time of booking.
15. On completion of the course, your instructor will need to be satisfied that you have demonstrated the appropriate level of competence before an RYA certificate will be awarded. Attending or completing a course does not automatically result in an RYA certificate being issued.
16. First Sail Training reserves the right to reschedule the timings and/or location of any course in full consultation with course participants.
17. The Training Centre, its servants, agents, instructors and principal do not accept any responsibility for any loss damage or injury suffered by any persons and/or their property arising out of or during the course unless such loss or damage was caused by or resulted from negligence.
18. The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 provide you with a statutory 14 days cancellation period. During this period you can cancel your purchase, return your course materials and obtain a refund.
The course materials must be returned in an ‘as new’ condition and the postage paid. If the course materials are being returned because they are faulty then the Training Centre will refund any postage costs.
Access to the online course material will be terminated immediately notification of cancellation is received.
You will not be able to claim a full refund if the course material has been damaged or if you have no proof of purchase. The Training Centre reserves the right to deduct the cost of any missing or damaged course materials and postage from any refund.
19 In order to take a course you will be asked for your name, email, telephone number and address. Your name and email address are used for the purposes of recording any grades or certificates achieved and to make contact with you and your telephone number and postal address for delivery of your course material. Credit Card information given via PayPal is not shared with First Sail Training.
20. For online Day Skipper and Coastal Skipper & Yachtmaster Offshore Courses, your payment information will be collected by First Sail Training on behalf of Navathome (please note that First Sail Training does not store or have access to any of your credit card information which is managed securely by PayPal).
Booking information is collected by First Sail Training and is not passed on to any other organisation. Payment information for the purpose of logging you into the Navathome admin will not be retained once the payment is made. Your name and email address will be entered on www.navathome.com in order to create your user account. Your postal address will be provided in order to send your student pack. You will have access to the site for six months in order to complete your online course. During this period, your personal information will be held on the website by Navathome and may be available to “name of agent” who may have access to the Navathome database. This period maybe extended should you wish to extend your course access.
On completion of your course, your name and email will be retained by Navathome for the purpose of recording details of the course and any certification you gain as a result of it. This information allows Navathome to record your certification. Your Instructor will not hold any information for the purposes of Navathome student support after this date. Please note that this agent may hold information to enable provision of other training not associated with the Navathome course.
Should you not complete the course in the given time frame, your name and email will be retained by Navathome for the purpose of recording details of the course. This information allows Navathome to retain a record of coursework you have completed.
If you would like your personal data removed from www.navathome.com prior to the end of your access period or at any time before you have completed your course, you can request it by email. Please contact email@example.com giving your name and email address and the course you would like to delete. Please note that if you request deletion of your account before you have completed your course, your access to the course and records of your progress will be lost.
If you would like details of your online course removing from the Navathome database when you have completed the course, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name and email address. Please note that removal of course details from the Navathome database, means that any certification gained as a result of this course will not be verifiable by Navathome, nor would Navathome be able to help with a replacement certificate.
Full details of how Navathome will deal with your personal information is given in the Navathome terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, and are governed by and in accordance with the laws of England. The Student and the Training Centre agree that any problems fall under the jurisdiction of the English courts. All the clauses and sub clauses in our terms and conditions are independent of each other. If one clause or sub clause is invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect any other clause or sub clause.